Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551
 

July 2017 Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


JUL17/01

Minutes of a meeting of Halling Parish Council held on 11th July 2017 at the Community Centre.

 

Present: Chairman: Chris Herbert CH (Lower Ward); Vice-Chairman Matt Fearn (Upper Ward) MF; George Wenham (Upper Ward) GW; Richard Thorne (Lower Ward) RT;

Paul Crispe (Lower Ward) and Les Hitchcock (Lower Ward) LH;

 

Bill Swan Clerk (WS) and 5 members of the public

 

1.                  Apologies for absence

Trevor Reynolds and Kelly Talbot – reasons accepted
 

2.                  Disclosure of any other business – additional items to be discussed that have arisen since the publishing of the Agenda - no votes on these issues to take place.

George Wenham – 1 item
 

3.                   Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial Interests - none

 

4.                  Adjourn meeting for Public Questions. Allow up to 30 minutes for members of the public to address questions to the Chair.

 
Among the questions raised were the following: Circle in Vicarage Close; Formby Road flats: Substation in Formby Road; broadband in St Andrews Park; picnic area on rs201; speeding in High Street; SID when fire station sale complete.

 
5.                   Reconvene meeting and Minutes of Parish Council meetings.

To receive and approve Minutes of the meetings on 5th and 26th June 2017.

It was proposed by LH, seconded by  RT that the minutes of the 5th June meeting be adopted.  All agreed.  It was propsed by RT, seconded by LH, that the minutes of the 26th June be adopted.  All agreed.

6.                    Matters arising from the Minutes

RT – item 11 – Mr Lingham has now settled the account for grazing.

7.                    Planning


                       Report by Richard Thorne on any applications received since the last meeting.

 

MC/17/2128 153 High Street, Halling – rear extension and loft conversion – no comment

MC/17/2039 – 28 Vicarage road, Halling – 2 storey rear extension – no comment

MC/17/2276 – 56 Vicarage Close, Halling – conservatory to rear – no comment

MC/17/2287 – land in front of 62 Rochester Road, North Halling – object on grounds of access to A228 Rochester Road.

8.                    Halling Fire Station – update by the Chairman

CH reported that heand the Clerk had visited HPC’s solicitor on 4th July and instructed him to draw up a sale contact for the Fire Station.  He has all the relevant documents but HPC is awaiting the final copy of the Section 106 engrossment.

9.      Report on the recreation grounds -  George Wenham

There have been no problems since the shelter has been removed.  Maria Cook said she had met up with Amey again and they will lay small tarmac in the entrance to the upper rec. for nothing but if proper tarmac this will cost £1700.  Agreed that the small tarmac be tried first.
 

         Need for training for recreation ground operatives in bush cutting and weed killing


It was decided that HPC would use outside contractors to do the brush cutting and spraying as required as the cost of training the current recreation ground operatives at £1500 is very expensive and unnecessary.   The Clerk is to obtain quotes.

 

10.    Report on the marsh and footpaths. -  George Wenham

GW said that the new barrier to Marsh Road had been put in place.  The road sides are overgrown and need clearing.  As yet there are  no cattle on the marsh and the grass is getting very long. The Clerk will remind Mr Lingham of his responsibility under the contract to cut the grass. An ecological survey is being carried on the marsh habitat on behalf of Southern Water.

11.    Funday 2017 – update by Richard Thorne.

RT said they had a recent meeting of the steering group  and everything is going well.

Deposit cheques have been paid over and the necessary contracts signed. 

CH pointed out that there is a Dog and duck display and that dogs are not allowed in the recs.  RT pointed out that it is a display which will be cordoned off. 

                       Proposal by Chairman to purchase PA system at an estimated cost of £650 net of VAT

CH having investigated the options, proposed that HPC purchase a personal address system at a cost of £650 plus VAT.  This was seconded by LH and all agreed.

 

12.    Redrow and Blue Lake

MF reported that double yellow lines have been put in place along Vicarage Road to deter the trespassers from approaching from that area.  Redrow has put in security at the approaches to the blue lake and will be fencing the site off.  RT is to approach Redrow for a meeting re football pitches etc.

13.    Community Award nominations

                     Two received in respect of Maria Cook and Barry Barnes

As this is an annual award it was decided to hold these off to next year.

14.    Bank signatories – changes required

It was agreed that this is an admin matter and the Clerk will arrange the necessary additions/amendments.

15.   Medway Council’s Villager minibus – any volunteer drivers?

HPC has been informed that the service will be withdrawn unless they can find more volunteer drivers.  Agreed to put a flyer around the village.

             16.   Receipts

 

             17.    Payments

      (i)    To discuss and approve for payment any invoices received since the May 2017 meeting.

      (ii)   To approve any regular payments made since the May 2017 meeting.

ITEMs 16 RECEIPTS AND 17 PAYMENTS 

RECEIPTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

23/06/2017

Lingham & Partners

 

 

1000.00

Grazing rights for marsh

EST

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Totals

 

 

1000.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PAYMENTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

05/05/2017

Lorraine Murphy

50.40

 

50.40

Work on rec

EST

05/05/2017

Jubilee Hall

18.00

 

18.00

Hire of hall

G/A

05/05/2017

Paula Wilkins-Smith

100.00

 

100.00

Delivery of Halling View and flyer

HV

07/06/2017

Community Centre

24.00

 

24.00

Hire of hall

G/A

12/06/2017

Lorraine Murphy

75.60

 

75.60

Work on rec

EST

12/06/2017

BT

184.08

36.81

220.89

Phone and broadband

G/A

14/06/2017

Southern electric

6.18

0.30

6.48

Supply at Fire Station

FS

19/06/2017

Lorraine Murphy

46.80

 

46.80

Work on rec

EST

21/06/2017

Society of Local Council Clerks

180.00

 

180.00

Renewal of subs

G/A

21/06/2017

Jubilee Hall

1150.00

 

1150.00

Windows on behalf of Halling Assoc

Section 137

23/06/2017

Pega Ltd

400.00

80.00

480.00

Removal of shelter

EST

26/06/2017

Lorraine Murphy

46.80

 

46.80

Work on rec

EST

28/06/2017

Tom Bailey

84.50

 

84.50

Work on upper rec

EST

29/06/2017

Events & Attractions Ltd

1,150.00

230.00

1380.00

Deposit on amusement

Funday

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Totals

3516.36

347.11

3863.47

 

 

 

It was proposed by LH, seconded by GW, that the above payments be ratified.  All agreed

18.    Dates of forthcoming meetings of the Parish Council

                     Parish Council Meeting on 7th August 2017 at the Jubilee Hall at 7.30pm.

 

19.     Any Other Business        

GW reported that he and LH attended the KALC conference on 8th July and found it very interesting and gave a lot of food for thought.

  

The meeting closed at 8.35 pm.

 

 

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2017 ~ Halling Parish Council
07-Aug-2017 Website updated by Clive Stanley Associates